Is this Toneport worth it?

DLDude

• Members

A guy is selling a Line 6 Toneport (the one with the keyboard). I need a POD type thing, and since im not one of those non-digital oldfashioned type, i dont mind processed sounds. I have a V-amp but it's on its last legs. Anyone have any postive/negative feelings on it? I'm getting it at a pretty good price, and it seems liek something i'd use.

• Members

I've got the UX1, without the keyboard and its pretty useful. I'm looking to replace it sometime soon (when I can afford it) as it is definitely an entry level device but you get a LOT for your money. I think Line 6's amp sims are the best i've heard and as an interface for recording its as good or better than anything else in the price range. Its plasticy and buggy sometimes but unless you pay several times the price of the Toneport everything will be.

Hope this helps!

• Members

I've got the UX1, without the keyboard and its pretty useful. I'm looking to replace it sometime soon (when I can afford it) as it is definitely an entry level device but you get a LOT for your money. I think Line 6's amp sims are the best i've heard and as an interface for recording its as good or better than anything else in the price range. Its plasticy and buggy sometimes but unless you pay several times the price of the Toneport everything will be.

Hope this helps!

can I ask what you plan to replace it with?

I have the UX2 and am always on the look out for stuff. Most other amp sims I've tried are poor though.

• Members

Are the amp sims adjustable on it's own, or does it have to be through the computer to adjust the stuff?

it's an external sound card. you need a computer.

i have a UX1 and it's great for the money. the clean amp models sound really good. it gets a great light crunch, but i don't really like the high gain sounds. i don't use high gain that often, so maybe i just haven't put the time into finding the right settings.

Archived