Tonelab LE- Yay or nay over PODXT Live

h2oman

• Members

Thinking about picking up a Tonelab LE. Ive played Line 6 products before and thought they were just ok. I wasn't too happy with the mid gain soundsbut haven't tried the PODXT Live. Any reason why I shouldnt get a Tonelab LE?

• Members

Thinking about picking up a Tonelab LE. Ive played Line 6 products before and thought they were just ok. I wasn't too happy with the mid gain soundsbut haven't tried the PODXT Live. Any reason why I shouldnt get a Tonelab LE?

Yup..Cause it smokes the PODXT.

• Members

They both do what they do very well. Somewhere out there a guy did a shootout between the two, using the same amp models on each and compared the sounds and guess what...

They sounded almost identical! It's a testament to the modeling technology and how far it's come.

I have an XT Live and I love it (have the Collector Classics expansion pack too). I haven't played the Tonelab but I have played one of Vox's modelling amps and it sounded great.

ONe thing I will say about the XT live is that you need to have the patience to tweak it how you want. There are a LOT of parameters, too many in my opinion, I think the Vox might not have as many things to tweak but it might be easier to get the tones you want.

Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Archived