Boss GE-7 Issues

• Members

So I've got a GE-7 and and my friend's DS-1 (which is pretty much a piece of garbage) in the effects loop of my Hot Rod Deluxe and I keep getting these wierd crackly volume drops every couple of seconds when both effects are on. It makes the setup basically unplayable because the volume is so unpredictable. I've got both pedals running off of a 1-spot power adapter rated to give more than enough power for both of them, and I wasn't having any issues at my other place in Charlottesville. The sound problem is there even if the pedals are switched off. It goes away when the audio cables are pulled out of the send and return jacks, so I don't think it's the amp itself.

Any ideas, guys?

• Members

Try putting the EQ in the loop and the DS1 in front of the amp (Guitar--->Ds1--->Amp)

Turned out to be that some of the solder connections inside the guitar had broken and I was just getting an intermittent connection on the volume pot. I re-did the wiring and now everything works fine.

I just moved the distortion outside of the loop and I'm getting a little bit nicer tone now. Thanks guys

Archived