Why is the Virus TI so acclaimed?

7th

• Members
true....hence the synth menagerie

:D

Now that we've got all the hardware, you can do most of it in software. :cry:

Must've started buying too early or something. Still - I've got some hardware pieces I wouldn't give up even if I could get exactly the same sound in software.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:D

Now that we've got all the hardware, you can do most of it in software.
:cry:

Must've started buying too early or something. Still - I've got some hardware pieces I wouldn't give up even if I could get
exactly
the same sound in software.

Exactly. I love and use both equally. No point in wishing there was a hardware version of a softie, or a software version of a hardie (not the burger caf

• Members
If everything sounded phat, mixing would be a challenge, no?

I actually prefer digital sounds to analog (HORRORS).

Pthin and brilliantine is the button of by porky belly.

Like OMGWTFBBQPPL :eek:.

Before I went laptop based I had a MicroQ, Elevata (fed through 12AX7 tube pre-amps to boost the gain I must confess), DX7IIFDe with Grey Matter Board, Kawai K5000S and a K4R, Yamaha TG33, CZ1000, 2*SP808EX's, ER-1,ES-1,TR606 and a D550.
Mind you I also had 2 TC300's an Ensoniq DP4 and two SE50 effects units plus
2 Electrix FilterFactory units and a couple of Frostwave MS20 filter clones and couldn't have given a flying faaaarrrrrrqqqqqqq about owning an analog synth to be honest.
Still don't give a Rat's testicles about them either and my first synth was an SH-09 way back in the 80's.
More likely to be interested in hybrid machines ala the Q+, SQ80, PPG, Microwave, Evolver etc these days if I was to go down that road.
I find Reaktor 5, Reason4, Dimension Pro and Zebra more than enough synthesis grunt for my needs these days anyway.
Nice to know I am not the only person who has more of a digital than an analog fetish to be honest.

• Members
I do have some analog:

Doepfer A-100 Modular (2 cases)

Andromeda

MEK (half analog)

It's like thai pepper...very pleasant in small quantities.

Had a Matrix 6, Yamaha CS30, Pro One, two Prophet 2002+ Samplers along with an EII+ HD (which I still own) and an EIII keyboard I stupidly sold.
That was way back when........some 16 odd years ago .
My first three synths where a Roland SH-09, Sequential SixTrack and a CZ1000 (all brand spankin' new on release also).
I saved like a mofo for my first EII+ also but she's a tad worse for wear these days some 19 years later. :(

That said the Akai S900/950 and the original EPS (12 Bit Ensoniq) after the Mirage where like a revelation for me music wise.

Archived