Going to Guitar Center - need advice

• Members

im going to GC in a little while. i'm gonna try some fulltone stuff if they have it, thanks for that heads up.

and on another note, does anybody know any pedals that have similar fuzzes to the analogman sunface... it seems to have a fuller and smoother sound than other fuzzes i've heard. i think a lot of 'fuzz' pedals sound too 'buzzy'. i'm considering ordering a sunface if i can't find something i like a lot at GC.

• Members

normally this guy that knows me for some creepy reason just gives me good deals without me saying anything, but i think he was arrested for being a pedophile and isn't there anymore. i guess i'll have to be more assertive now.

that's too bad, it was disturbing but still nice...

• Members

normally this guy that knows me for some creepy reason just gives me good deals without me saying anything, but i think he was arrested for being a pedophile and isn't there anymore. i guess i'll have to be more assertive now.

that's too bad, it was disturbing but still nice...

Ho in there and make an offer less than the price that'll cause them to strike up a deal.

Something like this.

"Oh hey I'll give you 175 dollars for that dl4"

"Oh I can't do that but how about 200 dollars?"

• Members

I would buy from somebody other than Guitar Center.

+1

If you are so inclined, you can generally get just about any retailer to match the competition.

When it comes to prices on gear, I've never had a problem getting a shop to at least get close, if not better than GC (... they just just don't usually advertise it).

And if the price difference is minimal, I would still rather pay a few extra dollars, and give my cash to someone other than Guitar Center.

• Members
How low can you go when bartering in GC? How low are some of the deals you can get?

gc will cut deals. make an offer worst case scenario theyll counter it or decline.

the GC in durham, nc wont buy used stuff. i brought in some boutique stuff i was bored with and they said they wouldnt be able to sell it. they had like 2 used pedals and they were both multi-pedals...korg and boss. he said thats what sells.:rolleyes:

the gc in raleigh and durham have zero fulltone.:)

• Members

that said, i hate my GC. the pedal selection there is absolute {censored}. no fulltone, no EHX, etc. pretty much just boss, dano, line6, and digitech. anyone elses GC's like this?

My GC is great (Cherry Hill, NJ). I just found out that they're a Fulltone dealer and got to try out an OCD. Now I've got GAS for that. They also had a Fulldrive2 Mosfet.

I used my 10% on my Fender Classic Player '60s Strat.

• Members

okay, guys, thanks for all the input, but i already said that i got the fulltone OCD... and explained why i was gonna buy regardless of the puny discount... and explained why i didn't barter a better deal. thanks again for the advice and stuff, which i'll use more in the future, but i already bought something. if you guys want to keep the advice coming even though i already made the decision, go right on ahead, hopefully somebody else will read it and benefit off of it, too.

just thought i should give a second heads up in case people don't want to waste their time giving advice i no longer need. and please don't take that as an asshole thing, i just don't need the advice anymore and the whole 'just don't'/'get a better deal'/etc, thing isn't really necessary...

thanks so far. i might toss a review and a few clips if possible in another thread if anybody's interested in the OCD, which i've fallen in love with.

Archived