Differance between a Tube Screamer and TS9dx?

• Members

Ok, this is my first post in the effects forum, so forgive me if this has been asked recently...

What is the difference in sound between the ts9dx switched to the original ts9 setting when it is supposed to be the same as the original tube screamer at that setting? The manual even says it's the same as the original at that setting? Am I missing something? I'm just confused because I've seen people offering to mod ts9dx pedals to make them sound like the original. It's supposed to be the original at that setting, but from what I've heard it is not. Am I wrong? What's the deal here?

• Members

Howdy!

The sounds can be close, but technically the potentiometers are different for the Drive and Volume if memory serves correct at 3AM...

That is what I remember being the biggest difference when trying to compare green apples to green apples.

So, even at the "same" settings on a TS9, a DX model (in the TS9 mode) will sound a bit different.

At concert pitch and in a band setting it may not be obvious to anyone, but may contribute to a 'feel' the player notices.

Robert

:)

Archived