Cheap entry to piano sounds?

meep

• Members

Hi all,

I am looking to acheive some sorts of OKish piano sounds and am on a budget.

I don't care about effects etc. on the keyboards as I already have numerous effects units, though reverb may be a bonus if it is tuned to work with the particular piano sounds.

I already have an alesis ion, if it is cheaper for me to buy a rack / dedicated unit for piano and hook them up via midi I would consider that.

Organ sounds would be a plus, but I am mainly looking for piano sounds.

Any suggestions?

:)

• Members

Depends on how realistic you want it to be. There's a whole selection of older modules - Alesis Nanopiano, Roland JV1010 or 1080, Yamaha MU-series, Kurzweil MicroPiano or ME-1, etc. which give you pianos and more. A newer module for piano is made by GEM - the RP-X. Small and dedicated, but more expensive than the rest.

If however you're looking for something to take lessons on, forget using the Ion - too small, and its keyboard isn't that great for piano playing (I own one too btw).

• Members

It's not so much to take lessons as I am less interested in becoming a maestro and also do not have space for anything full size...

I'm just looking for quality of tone, though when I have more space I'd like to learn to play more betterer. :)

Archived