Has anyone ever been made fun of because of the size of their pedalboards?

Kyle_64

• Members
good for fripp
:thu:

my favorite band in the whole world right now 'deerhunter' used only a digidelay for ALL there sounds and the record is pure genius. very wet and gorgeous sounding. other bands sounds i love.... explosions, cornelius, radiohead etc use TONS of effects jumbled onto each other and it works for them. as long as you make it sound like you!

i agree with Zachman tho, you have nothing to contribute. im simply asking you questions and all you come up with is not so witty responses with no answers. whatever.
:blah:

I saw deerhunter last year and the singer had a HUGE rifle case full of effects.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have had people make comments before. There are only 6 pedals on my board and one of those is a tuner. I had one guy come up to me and say "Damn man, what ever happened to plugging the guitar directly in and rip? In my day we didn't have all that bull{censored}." Really condescending, but funny because the guy was probably only 3-5 years older than me. He said this before he had even heard me play a single note. Then he took his guitar, plugged it directly into the PA and proceeded to sing through the most horrible set of "original" tunes I've ever heard. He couldn't sing or play guitar a lick. That said a lot to me about keeping in mind who you're taking advice from.

Lol WOT

I was just thinking about some of my buddies in NC and the next post was you. Have you ever played or heard Campbell? They play at Tremont alot.

• Members
good for fripp
:thu:

my favorite band in the whole world right now 'deerhunter' used only a digidelay for ALL there sounds and the record is pure genius. very wet and gorgeous sounding. other bands sounds i love.... explosions, cornelius, radiohead etc use TONS of effects jumbled onto each other and it works for them. as long as you make it sound like you!

i agree with Zachman tho, you have nothing to contribute. im simply asking you questions and all you come up with is not so witty responses with no answers. whatever.
:blah:

I was digging on Deerhunter last year. I was actually trying to get them to come over here and play a show.

• Members

To tell the truth, i could get away with my dd-3 and my wah, but why not use all my other pedals, all they do is make the sound a little fuller in little parts, but when you spend 8 hours setting up you amp you your favorite setting, and you can make it better, it matters to you at least. My bass player has a bigger board than me, and i love it, he can do some very creative stuff, but he isnt your average bass player. He is like a second guitarist with a low end thump when needed, and i wouldnt have it any other way!

Archived