My DD-3 Keeley sounds better than my DD-20

Upgrade

• Members

I've had both of these for quite some time and put them up against each other as I'm thinking about a TC Nova and maybe one Boss should go. Well to my surprise the Keeley modded DD-3 sounds better on medium to longish

300-800ms delay times. They are both digital of course but the DD-3 seems to sound smoother to my ears. The DD-20 has far superior features but I hope the TC Nova comes closer to my ultimate DDL vision.

• Members

I noticed the same thing, I enjoy the ability to add effects to the repeats too.

So I sold the DD-20 and got a RC-2 to go with the Keeley DD-3..I still use my Digidelay for reverse and Ibanez AD99 for surf stuff.

Great setup! I used to have a Digidelay and really liked the sounds.

btw for anyone using ProTools or other software Massey plugins has an amazing FREE tape delay plugin!

http://www.masseyplugins.com/L2007.html

• Members

I have a stock DD-2, and I definitely prefer the tone to the DD-20. It seems like it's always "right" no matter how it's set, whereas the DD-20 is tough do dial in. It's either in the way, or it gets completely drowned out.

• Members

I've had both of these for quite some time and put them up against each other as I'm thinking about a TC Nova and maybe one Boss should go. Well to my surprise the Keeley modded DD-3 sounds better on medium to longish

300-800ms delay times. They are both digital of course but the DD-3 seems to sound smoother to my ears. The DD-20 has far superior features but I hope the TC Nova comes closer to my ultimate DDL vision.

Which hi-cut mode do you use on the DD-3 (left or right)?

• Members

Which hi-cut mode do you use on the DD-3 (left or right)?

left hi cut- (the lighter one) the right (darker) is too dark and the feedback change is too severe to me. But overall the Keeley mod is fantastic especially the insert.

• Members

Might sound better, but it doesn't have
presets
or
23 second
capability.
These are a few of my favorite things....

I agree with you. I need a delay with lots of features too but since I'm another fool with delay GAS I've got to try the new ones!

But the Keeley DD-3 is a great basic digital delay.

Archived