User experience wanted: Snarling Dogs Crossroads A/B Y

Durango_Kid

• Members

Anyone have any experience with this pedal? I can get a good deal on a closeout and there are no reviews in the Db.

I'v enever tried it, but I read somewhere that it sucked, but if it's cheap enpugh, it may be worth picking up to hold a buffered AB/Y circuit from the DIY sites.

As for the crappy review on the Dogs' ABY, in all fairness, I've read from quite a few users that the Morley Tripler sucked, but I bought one cheap on eBay and I think it works great. I guess what I'm saying is try it first but if it's online, if it's cheap enough, it may still be worth trying.

c

• Members

Hmm...

Not sure a really understood the last part of your sentence but thanks for passing on what you heard.

I was think this might be a decent amp selector because of the TB but I am curious if the switch pops at all. I've heard the wahs did pop sometimes but not sure about their stompies like the Blue Doo, Tweed E, etc. Essentilly the Crossroads is the same form as those so I wonder.

• Members
Hmm...

Not sure a really understood the last part of your sentence but thanks for passing on what you heard.

What I meant was this;

it's always better to plug in and hear for yourself before buying anything, but if it's a great deal, you shouldn't necessarily let the "doom and gloom prognosicators" dissuade you from buying something that may fill your needs.

c

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Don't know about bleeding - if it is wired correctly (and true bypass has nothing to do with it, as it doesn't apply to A/B switching), there shouldn't be any bleeding. But in the past, several manufacturers has gotten this wrong (Morley ABY, DOD 270 etc), so it's not something one can assume right off the bat.

But you will get tone loss in the "Y" mode, unless you keep a buffered (Boss-type) or otherwise active pedal in front of it, as there's no buffering in the Crossroads itself. And since it isn't isolated (all grounds are tied together), it will develop a ground loop, which can result in hum when you hook up both amps. Wether or not you actually get hum is a different story - some do, some don't, and sometimes it can vary with the venue. But if you do, it will be because the Crossroads (like any other passive, non-isolated A/B and A/B/Y would) has caused a ground loop.

Like M900 said, if you can get it for cheap, it could be worth a try.

/Andreas

Archived