BOSS RV-3 (Digital Reverb/Delay) problem

• Members

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone else has ever had this problem with this pedal, but here's what's going on with it. I'll play something on one of the delay only settings, and it sounds fine while it's on, but then when I turn the pedal off, there's a faint noise that keeps repeating that sounds like the last few notes that went through the pedal. I have no idea what to do. Could someone help me? Thanks.

• Members

I'm not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, but I think you misunderstood me. I should have clarified a bit more. Let's say that I have an echo every half second, and I've set the pedal to make 3 echoes per half second. If I hit a note and then immediately turned off the pedal, it would still ring 3 times. This is NOT what I'm talking about.

The noise that I'm talking about goes on for a lot longer than the delay's supposed to last, even for several minutes after I've turned the pedal off. The noise is a faint background noise, but it sounds like one note just pulsing over and over again. It'll keep doing this until I either take the AC adaptor out of it or I turn the pedal on, don't play anything, and then turn it back off

• Members

Could be clock noise.

Do you have it on it's own power supply or in a daisy chain?

Is it plugged into the same outlet as something else?

Have you tried a different outlet?

I get some horrendous clock noise from my DD-20 if the power is dirty.

• Members

Yeah, I currently have it in a daisy chain right now. Should I get a separate AC adapter for this pedal?

Try putting it in a different wall plug first. It could just be a dirty power line. If that doesn't work, then it's time to try giving it it's own power supply.

Archived