Crybaby true bypass mod help

aldridt1

• Members

I have an older crybaby that I need to mod for true bypass. i can't find a schematic or diagram that matches the wah that I have......If anyone can link me to the right diagram, or tell me how to mod my particular model, that would be great......here is a pic of the pedal in question -

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/aldridt1/pedals007.jpg

It is a Rev C or earlier......not sure other than that. Found this link -

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/greenfuz/wah.html

But none of these are like mine......Mine is almost like the 80s Dunlop, but mine has the multi pin connector.....

Thanks!

• Members

On the Left jack (input) lug, is there a brown wire at around 10 o'clock (if you're facing from inside the pedal, looking out through the jack)? I can't tell from the jpeg if your's is brown or green. It's brown on my Rev D. Anyway, that brown wire should go from the Left jack to the top pin of the multi-pin connector in stock configuration of a Rev C.

If so, here's what you do:

1. Remove the old switch, desoldering the green wire, the blue wire, and the white wire. Next, install the DPDT switch aligned like you have on your old switch, and refer to the pin sequence from the upper right lug going counter-clockwise: 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4.

2. Now start with the brown (or green) wire that is at the top of the multi-pin molex connector. Cut that wire off from the tip of the multi-pin connector. Solder that part that you cut off to Pin 5 of the DPDT switch (middle bottom).

3. The blue wire that was on the old switch should get soldered to Pin 1 of the DPDT (upper right).

4. The white wire that was on the old switch should get soldered to Pin 2 (upper middle).

5. The green wire that was on the old switch should get soldered to Pin 4 (lower right).

6. Then, take a small wire and solder a jumper from Pin 3 to Pin 6 (upper and lower left).

Let me know if that works, or if sounds confusing, or if the colors don't quite match up.

Archived