Radial Tonebone Classic - problem?!

robomatic

• Members

hello, I just got a Radial Tonebone Classic Distortion pedal..

it's really cool, but there are 2 things that I'm not sure of!

1. when the Drive knob is turned all the way to the left (minimum value) no sound comes out of the pedal. I read in the manual that the Drive knob also controls the Input gain, but is it really supposed to completely mute the source? is this normal?

2. I plugged one channel of my mp3 player into the input: it seems as if the Tonebone applies a High Pass Filter to the input (it cuts a lot of the bass frequencies).. is there something wrong with my pedal?

any Tonebone Classic users here??

please let me know.

thanks.

• Members

hello, I just got a Radial Tonebone Classic Distortion pedal..

it's really cool, but there are 2 things that I'm not sure of!

1. when the Drive knob is turned all the way to the left (minimum value) no sound comes out of the pedal. I read in the manual that the Drive knob also controls the Input gain, but is it really supposed to completely mute the source? is this normal?

2. I plugged one channel of my mp3 player into the input: it seems as if the Tonebone applies a High Pass Filter to the input (it cuts a lot of the bass frequencies).. is there something wrong with my pedal?

any Tonebone Classic users here??

please let me know.

thanks.

Yes, and Yes.

Turning the gain off completely, well turns the gain off completely.

A full range song will have bass, toms and kick drum sounds that are well below the spectrum of tone the guitar can create. Therefore, to cut down on noise, a lot of guitar pedals do have a high pass filter. The guitar, tuned to standard, only goes down to about 80hz.

• Members

Yes, and Yes.

Turning the gain off completely, well turns the gain off completely.

A full range song will have bass, toms and kick drum sounds that are well below the spectrum of tone the guitar can create. Therefore, to cut down on noise, a lot of guitar pedals do have a high pass filter. The guitar, tuned to standard, only goes down to about 80hz.

perfect, thanks bbrunskill!

Archived