Old Qtron+ VS New

adeanb

• Members

Well it's a smaller, sturdier box. The old Qtron has near shocking quality control reports though, so any change can only be a good thing to my mind. On the other hand, despite all the initial intrigue and 'ooh ahhs', I don't think any of the nano/XO pedals have really set the effects world on fire...

• Members

Well it's a smaller, sturdier box. The old Qtron has near shocking quality control reports though, so any change can only be a good thing to my mind. On the other hand, despite all the initial intrigue and 'ooh ahhs', I don't think any of the nano/XO pedals have really set the effects world on fire...

True, I like the nano stone vs big box version though.

• Members

If they were changing the circuit they would have changed the parameters. I assume it's exactly the same. Example: The boost switch. You turn that on, and the gain dial acts as a sensitivity and a volume pot? It's a crap idea, if they were redesigning it they would have done away with that (you would hope)

• Members

Never having played the old Q-Tron + I dont know about that model but I have the new version , I enjoy it , it sounds great , no volume drop, I play it mostly on my OD-1 which is heavy gain on my Marshall JVM and it sounds frickin great , Im glad I bought it and Im a picky finicky bastard . I mean I spent good money on pedals only to realize I hated it and sold it off quick , but with this pedal its a keeper as is the stereo Polyphase as alot of the newer EHX stuff.:thu:

Archived