I had a weird awesome experience tonight

Destructobot

• Members

Went to a party, a band was playing. After everything was dying down, I went inside (band played in a packed garage) to check out the scene. Guitar player was tearing down his stuff and had a Gretsch sitting on a stand. It was an electromatic, but still pretty cool since your average party band college guy doesn't have that sorta stuff. I started chatting with him, talkin about amps (he had a deluxe reverb RI and I love fender amps) and he hands me the guitar and tells me to start playing. I was a bottle of wine and a couple of beers in the bag, so I just started rocking out simple stuff, "cattle drive" by Man or astro man. The kids at the party loved it! All these drunk undergrads were totally diggin it, and I was playing with some fury since it's a pretty rad chord basher kinda song. I started blaring the intro to Search and Destroy and a couple guys started freaking out like they'd been waiting to hear it all night. Then one of the guys throwing the party told me I couldn't play anymore since they were trying to get everyone out. Que sera, sera.

• Members

He didn't really say anything about my playing, but seemed to dig it while I was beating his guitar out of tune ;) I'm spoiled by my Mosrite, I can wail on that thing to high heaven and it never slips a semitone out of tune! In my defense, what I really needed was a bit more drive, I was trying to dig in harder for it and the bigsby setup didn't agree with me. We talked for a while afterward about gear, music, life, whatever and exchanged numbers for future pub crawls and general madness.

• Members

i know what you're talking about. most of the time i just want to chill, but alll of my friends always brag about my guitar skills (something i don't want to tell people about until they know already).

Knowing how to play the guitar can be a double edged sword a lot of the time. Your friends become the ringmaster...

Archived