Keeley Comp Problem

• Members

Older 2 knob Keeley Comp. Setting is both knobs between 1 & 2 oclock.

I'll turn it on once and get a nice slight boost turn it on again and get a volume reduction.The pedal actually made me think my rotosphere was on once saturday night it was modulating.No other pedals were hurt during the gig:D

Do ya reckon it is sick? Simple Rig RMC wah-Keeley-Boss tuner-Rotosphere-a/b split out to Marshall and Vibroking.

• Members

Modulating compressor? Must be ill. I've had an old 2 knob comp on board for years and haven't had a problem with it. Although for much of the time I've left it on all the time on a more subtle setting. It's been a very solid performer. Maybe you can email Robert and avail yourself of the customer service we hear about.

• Members

Modulating compressor? Must be ill. I've had an old 2 knob comp on board for years and haven't had a problem with it. Although for much of the time I've left it on all the time on a more subtle setting. It's been a very solid performer. Maybe you can email Robert and avail yourself of the customer service we hear about.

I've had this one for a while and never had a problem with it.BUT I was using pedals for gain etc.This situation was straight cranked amps.Maybe I should send it in for a check up.

• Members

Too strange. It should act the same each time you stomp on it. Sounds like something is unstable. I would shoot him an email.

Can you get it to mess up now? You're sure the Rotosphere wasn't acting up?

A volume difference when stomping on the box at different times could be a switch going bad.

The volume setting of 1 and 2 oclock is a fairly hefty volume boost. Something down line could MAYBE have been damaged and be reacting to a large input boost differently. Just a thought. Could the cranked amp be heating up and having trouble with the input boost?

Modulation sounds like it could be something else going wrong.

• Members

^^^ Not really sure what it is. My 1oclock setting are not hot on this comp.Pretty much unity clean but it is intermittent.I had plenty of Power a 30amp service off a 200 amp distro. My amps are pristine constantly serviced.Guess I'll ship it off to Robert..Now it could have been the PSA Power supply???

• 1 month later...

Archived