More PA volume for solo's

b_digg

• Members

If you run effects in front of the amp (such as a pod xt live) and then mic the amp into the PA does anyone have any ideas how to get more PA volume for solos without physically running over to the master volume on my amp? Im having trouble being heard as we are a small band and do not have a mixer. (It's all done by us before we go on). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Digg

• Members

If you're using a PODxt (or indeed pretty much any other multi-fx) then your best bet is to set up a dedicated solo patch that boosts the "Master" on your Multi-fx. This can be the same tone as you're using for rhythm but with the master boosted, or a slightly different tone (more gain, maybe some delay) with the master boosted. Either way, you should be able to control the overall volume from your Multi-FX - I used to do this with a POD (V1).

Cheers

BF

• Members

this is what i used to do running the pod through the amps effects loop so even running this through the front of the amp boosting the patch volume wont cause tube/distortion overload. (Im swapping amps a solid state for a new vox ac30)

Archived