my xp-1000 quick review.

sdresdre

• Members

is pretty rad :thu:. 100 and obviously 300 are the best. space station is soooo fun. that being said its not a very practical pedal..... VERY out there to say the least. will be cool for studio background stuff.

im quite surprised with how cool the reverbs are(400). alot of people told me they sucked. i think they are REALLY cool. i love cheezy rinky dinky sounding things so thats prob why i dig it.

the modulation one does kinda stink :cry: trem, vibe and phase are not the greatest but again not AS bad as people said. overall im very impressed with it. i dont hear any tone loss as of now. havent played it with a band or super loud yet tho.... i bought a mini looper for it regardless.

im all over multi function pedals with presets these days. creatively is has helped me alot. less dinkin around too which both me AND my band enjoy :p all of these big footprints are making me have to turn some pedals sideways. i cant deal with it. :eek: i also need a bigger powerbar to power all these monsters. tried taking away my boss PSU for my echo park(using a one spot). so not gunna happen. very noisy without dedicated PSU. just waiting for my BYOC 5 knob comp and im done :) for now :p

• Members
preset box??? please tell me more
:love:

I wish I had a camera. Basically, the digitech switches are crappy, and so is the bypass. So I put 2 switches in a MXR size box on its side, the right one is a TB looper and the left one is a momentary. I opened up the XP100 and wired up a new jack (using a molex connector cause I didn't feel like drilling a hole for an audio connector) to the preset selector switch (up/down). So, now I only use the treadle on the XP-100, I can change presets and bypass it with heavy-duty switches in a box right below it.

I'll see if I can borrow someone's camera sometime and take some pics.

• Members
I wish I had a camera. Basically, the digitech switches are crappy, and so is the bypass. So I put 2 switches in a MXR size box on its side, the right one is a TB looper and the left one is a momentary. I opened up the XP100 and wired up a new jack (using a molex connector cause I didn't feel like drilling a hole for an audio connector) to the preset selector switch (up/down). So, now I only use the treadle on the XP-100, I can change presets and bypass it with heavy-duty switches in a box right below it.

I'll see if I can borrow someone's camera sometime and take some pics.

that would b rad! thanks :thu:

Archived