Need help hooking a g major to a Dual rectifier

BiggRedd

• Members

I have a TC electronics G major and a Mesa Dual rectifier. I read how to hook it up but I am confused. I'm trying to switch channels by MIDI using the G major. My main question is can I use simple wires or do I need to buy the module,Here is what the website says:

What kind of cable should I use to connect the G-Major / G-System with my Mesa Boogie Amp in order to switch its channels.

According to Mesa Boogie Tech dept, these units require an isolated ground connection for each of the rear panel 1/4" external switching inputs.Since Y-Split cables are sharing the ground, they cannot be used from the G-System or G-Major (which output connection is TRS) because they could cause damage to the amp switching network.

You can still use mono cables from the GMajor / G-System to any of this amp. This will obviously divide by 2 the switching possibilities since only 1 relay per output can be used.

An other solution is to use a switching device such as AXESS ELECTRONIC CFX4 or MIDI SOLUTION R8 in combination with the G-System. Note that the R8 is midi powered only and requires an adapter available at MIDI SOLUTIONS that can be powered by one of the DC 9V outs of the G-System : The G-System does NOT provide Midi power.

• Members

The info from the site seems pretty straight forward, and it sounds like you should be fine to connect your G-Major and your Trip. Rec. so long as you only connect a single switching output on the G-Major to a single input on the Mesa. Based on the info posted, the G-Major is generally capable of connecting to a pair switching inputs from a single output with a "Y" cable because of the TC's TRS/stereo output... but you cannot do this with Mesa amps because of their grounding requirements.

• Members

I don't know how the Mesa switching system work, but as I said, if you connect a single output from the TC to a single input on the Mesa with a mono cable, you will be safe. When you connect a single TC output to a "Y" cable splitter and run that to two Mesa inputs, you can damage your amp's switching system. How it works beyond that is beyond my scope of knowledge.

Archived