2 guitars at once... for jamming with headphones, POD X3 only option?

Vedder323

• Members

That, or a software (Guitar Rig, Amplitube, Revalver, WAVES, etc), a computer, and an interface with two inputs.

Thanks for all the help, the more I look at my options, the more I think that little pod is the way to go. Do you guys know how to connect 2 guitars to it? I noticed it only features 1 1/4 input?

• Members

Well, it isn't clear whether you can do bass and guitar at the same time, even though there is an Aux input on the Pod X3Live.

In the manual they talk about Guitar and Microphone at the same time. Then Bass and Microphone at the same time.

I suppose you plug the bass into the Mic input with an adapter like MahaAtTheVishnu suggests, but I don't know if that would work. You might need a D.I. box between the Bass and Mic input.

• Members

Another thing to try would be for each of you to set up whatever effects you want to use (1 signal chain for each of you) and then plug them into an amp with 2 inputs. Then plug a "Y"cable into the headphone out jack, plug in 2 sets of headphones and you should be all set

• Members

Well, it isn't clear whether you can do bass and guitar at the same time, even though there is an Aux input on the Pod X3Live.

In the manual they talk about Guitar and Microphone at the same time. Then Bass and Microphone at the same time.

I suppose you plug the bass into the Mic input with an adapter like MahaAtTheVishnu suggests, but I don't know if that would work. You might need a D.I. box between the Bass and Mic input.

not certain, but more often than not, AUX input doesnt go through modelling stages; it;d be used for pipng in mp3/cd/etc, which dont need to go thru 'mesa amp, 2x12 cab, phaser, reverb' like a guitar would be piped through.

this is really going about things the (compketely) wrong way --- limiting one's self to only devices that will take 2 guitars, & process differently for each guitar. there is a 'right' tool for each job, and the proper tool for combining 2 distinct signals through a set of phones (or 2 sets of phones) is a mixer.

Archived