Damage Control Solid Metal?

rsf1977

• Members

I have the Demonizer an its a great pedal. Its definitely suited for hard rock, and with the help of an eq it will do metal. The name is a little misleading for it sounds as if it is a metal monster, but its not. The only thing that I dont like about the pedal is that as good as it sounds, you can get very similar sounds out of cheaper non tube distortion boxes. I compared it to my Mesa Boogie V Twin pedal and the V Twin slays it. But thats just a matter of personal preference for I love boogie tone.

• Members

You can EASILY make it a metal monster.

Replace the default EH tubes with a set of higain Tung-Sol 12AX7 tubes. Kicks it into brutal metal territory, but with a lot of tone (not just mindless gain). Replacing the tubes is a snap. I did it for the first time in my life and it took me 10 minutes. The circuit in the Demonizer is self-biasing (whatever that means, I am not a tube expert by any means) so there are no further adjustments to be made.

Love it. Instant great tone with minimal tweaking, records great direct.

• Members

FWIW, I've heard very little good about the Damage Control stuff for hard rock or metal, except for magazine reviews which are universally unreliable. In fact, they're almost universally panned with the exceptions of a few die hards among the metal circles I've been involved... Given the lack of positive word of mouth my initial interest sort of fizzled. They're expensive for what they are too.

You could easily pick up a rack preamp that will reliably give crushing metal tone (and in some cases more than just metal) for what the demonizer goes for: ADA MP-1, Rocktron Chameleon/ProGAP/mAxe/Piranha, Peavey Rockmaster/TubeFex.

No thanks, I'll pass.

• Members

FWIW, I've heard very little good about the Damage Control stuff for hard rock or metal, except for magazine reviews which are universally unreliable. In fact, they're almost universally panned with the exceptions of a few die hards among the metal circles I've been involved... Given the lack of positive word of mouth my initial interest sort of fizzled. They're expensive for what they are too.

yea it's funny in the forums people hate them and the user reviews people love them...

Archived