Pedal Board Dilemma's

inais

• Members

hey all,

just having a few dilemma's with my board, and what to choose and all that stuff, so im hoping u guys can help me out.

Firstly, I'll start with what ive already got, and then move on to what i want and thats where you can step in.

-BBE Green Screamer

-Vox Wah Wah

-Crossfire analog delay

-Behringer Tremelo

-MOEN Distortion Master.

Ok, so thats what ive got hooked up at the moment, but im looking to add a phaser and a chromatic pedal tuner, probably a fender one...

So my problems are.. my screamer isnt loud enough for that face melting solo, its more of a rhythm kind of thing, and i like that tone when playing rhythm, but needed more omph, so I dusted off my old Moen which i picked up on ebay for like $30AU.

the moen is a good pedal, but im not a fan of the noise it produces and the fuzz that kind of sounds like your tuning into a radio station, sometimes its clean good dist, sometimes its just messy & weird..

anyways, i wondered if there was a distortion or overdrive pedal that had a quality rhythm, and that extra omph for lead? Ive tried a few like the DS-1, and a Ts-7, but they both sound very lacking in the solo department. The kind of solo sound im looking for is ala hendrix, or mike mccready... that trebly but manageable wailing..

Can anyone help me on this one? as i dont have room on the board for 2 distortions..

Now, moving on to phasers.. now, ive had my eyes on the MXR phase 90, but am very hesitant as it only has the one button, so it might not have alot of options. Im curious is there a phaser out there that u can get a tremelo type noise out of, cause i dont want to daisy chain the daisy chain, so i would remove the trem, but might need something like it for a song or two.

So anyways, I'll leave it with that for now, but will check back with alot more bizzare questions, and they wont be as long.

thanks

• Members

I use an Electro Harmonix English Muff'n, and it gives me some good lead sounds. But if you want some Hendrix sounds, you should probably try a fuzz face, with a Rotovibe. My friend does that and it sounds pretty sweet. Maybe put some delay on there for a sustaining kinda sound. Sounds cool.

• Members

green screamer is pretty good, but is very mild.. very bluesy touch to things.. i recommend it for anything rhythm, but as i said, for the solo's im looking for, its ok, but needs other effects with it to make it better..

• Members

Im curious is there a phaser out there that u can get a tremelo type noise out of, cause i dont want to daisy chain the daisy chain, so i would remove the trem, but might need something like it for a song or two.

The Red Witch Moon Phaser is a combo phaser/trem unit. You may also want to look around for a phaser that has a square wave form, if you are looking for a choppy type trem sound.

• Members

ive already got the trem, so basically i want to ditch the trem eventually and was hoping for maybe a phaser, or even a flanger to come close to the sound so it free's up a space on the board.

I'll check out some of the ones you guys are pointing out and see.

Also I've noticed a few distortion/od pedals that have 2 switches, a pre amp type thing? maybe that might be a way to go for the solo volume/tone boost?

EDIT: Or maybe even a graphic equaliser to get the boost out of my green screamer?

Archived