Pedal order. help

Guitarist4life

• Members

I'm ready to put all my pedals together! I just need to know in what order should I put them. Everything goes into a modded fender hot rod deluxe

I have :

Ernie Ball VP JR (volume pedal)

Barber Tone Press

Barber Direct Drive

ProCo Vintage Rat

Boss DSD-2 (delay)

Rocktron Tsunami

Maxxon PH350 (rotary flanger)

Digitech Whammy 4

Boss Dynamic Wah (auto wah)

Vox Wah

Korg DT10 (tuner)

• Members

I'm ready to put all my pedals together! I just need to know in what order should I put them. Everything goes into a modded fender hot rod deluxe

I have :

Ernie Ball VP JR (volume pedal)

Barber Tone Press

Barber Direct Drive

ProCo Vintage Rat

Boss DSD-2 (delay)

Rocktron Tsunami

Maxxon PH350 (rotary flanger)

Digitech Whammy 4

Boss Dynamic Wah (auto wah)

Vox Wah

Korg DT10 (tuner)

Tuner(let's call this "Position 0" since it's not a "proper" pedal) -> Digitech Whammy 4(keep in mind that if you had a "real" whammy on your guitar, that'd "have" to be first) -> Tone Press -> Both your Wahs(Wahs usually go first, but after Whammy) Dirt Pedals, in any order -> Proco Vintage Rat(RATs are the best distortion pedals ever so they go after the others to preserve their tone if you're using multiple gains at once) -> Modulation Pedals(Tsunami, Rotary Flanger, anything else) -> Delay(generally you want to echo "everything" and not have the echos feeding into anything else, though this can be an interest effect, try putting a RAT after it sometime and go nuts).

The volume pedal depends. If you "only" want to control volume, then put it at the end. If you want it to affect your gain, put it before your dirt boxes.

That's the standard positioning for pedals, really, though I think there might be no standard place to put a compressor. Not sure.

• Members

Generally Wah kills the tone of distortion, but putting an Overdrive like a Tubescreamer or whatnot(maybe your Direct Drive)? Can result in lots of niceness. You notice how the wah is less extreme when used with high gain? Putting a gain BEFORE it can counteract this, in and out become more similiar.

Archived