RMC 2 vs. RMC 3

-DC/AC-

• Members

So I had originally decided on buying a Teese RMC 3 for all my wah needs, then changed it to a RMC 2. I was recently looking on ebay for a RMC 2, when i chickened out. I still can't decide which one to get. I have no way to try either of them out, so I have to base it on reviews and opinions.

What are some similiarities and differences between these two wahs? I already know the RMC 3 has internal controls, the RMC 2 has a external, and the RMC 3 has more controls, but I haven't heard any comparisons in the sounds. Could you help me out?

• Members

From what I understand, if you need to change the way your wah sounds fairly often, get the RMC2 because of its internal controls. If you just want to dial in a sound and leave it, get the RMC3. I could be mistaken but I think the 2 are pretty close sound wise, so it really comes down to how accessible you need the tweakable settings to be.

Personally I'd get the RMC3, as I wouldn't want to have the settings out and easily moved like on the RMC2. I think if you used several guitars that needed quick changes to get the wah sounding like you want the RMC2 is better for that though.

If anything Geoffrey is a really nice guy and if you got one and weren't happy he'd probably let you exchange them, and if you just e-mail or call him he can probably tell you the main differences you could expect soundwise between the two.

• Members

From what I understand, if you need to change the way your wah sounds fairly often, get the RMC2 because of its internal controls. If you just want to dial in a sound and leave it, get the RMC3. I could be mistaken but I think the 2 are pretty close sound wise, so it really comes down to how accessible you need the tweakable settings to be.

Personally I'd get the RMC3, as I wouldn't want to have the settings out and easily moved like on the RMC2. I think if you used several guitars that needed quick changes to get the wah sounding like you want the RMC2 is better for that though.

If anything Geoffrey is a really nice guy and if you got one and weren't happy he'd probably let you exchange them, and if you just e-mail or call him he can probably tell you the main differences you could expect soundwise between the two.

I agree with most everything you said except the part about Geoffrey doing an exchange. RMC does not sell direct. Geoffrey can and will be of help in making a decision. However any swaps or exchanges would be between the Customer and Retailer.

Personally I would suggest the RMC2. The RMC3 is the Flagship for the line. It will recreate any and all the RMC line.The RMC2 is just a wonderful and versatile wah to own..

:wave:

• Members
I agree with most everything you said except the part about Geoffrey doing an exchange. RMC does not sell direct. Geoffrey can and will be of help in making a decision. However any swaps or exchanges would be between the Customer and Retailer.

Personally I would suggest the RMC2. The RMC3 is the Flagship for the line. It will recreate any and all the RMC line.The RMC2 is just a wonderful and versatile wah to own..

:wave:

Ah, thanks for the correction. Didn't know he doesn't do direct sales. Surely some of his retailers would do an exchange though right?

• Members

I went ahead and e-mailed him and he had this to say:

"If you are searching for your own particular unique tone, then the RMC3 is the only wah that will give that to you. If you're looking for a good all around wah that also has multiple sweeps, then the RMC2 would be the right piece."

I don't really need my own wah tone, I just need a standard, wah that can do some classic to slightly modern-ish tones, so I'm liking the RMC2 right now.

Archived