Settings and pedal help

ASGTrace

• Members

SUp guys. Im going over my cousins house tomorrow for a little jam. Finally going to be able to see what this beast of a Mesa F-50 can do. Anyways, I basically need some help with settings and what not. Also, 2 MAIN questions. 1) I have the VS Jeckyl/Hyde. The OD side is supposed to be cloned after the TS, now, from what Ive fiddled around with, I find it the best to adjust my amps gain to taste (8-9/10 ) and then set the OD gain to 0-3/10 and just play with the tone. Is this the correct way of doing it? 2) I just got a MXR 10band eq. Am I supposed to leave this on all the time or what? Im confused about that. Plus do you guys have any good settings for it? Right now Im kinda liking a wave instead of that standard smile. Left side starts high, goes down for mids, goes up at the end and then slightly lowers in the last 2 bands.

Now for my settings help. I need some good settings for the eq as stated above, and mainly my Mesa F-50. I tried what I found in the lounge but Im just wondering if you guys have any input. I mainly play a lot of Metallica. Well actually I play what sounds nice but yeah... Current settings are

Clean : Gain 11 a'clock

Treb 2 A'clock

Mid 12 a'clock

Bass 11-1 A'clock

Lead (w/ contour) Gain ~5 a'clock

Treb 3 A'clock

Mid 9-10 A'clock

Bass 11-1 A'clock

Archived