MXR Distortion III

Zoidberg

• Members
OK, thanks for your input
:)

What amp did you play thru when you tried the DistIII?

I demoed it through a Peavey Valveking. I was looking for a nice hard-rock distortion when i tried it. I picked the pocket metal muff over it, just thought it sounded better. It may indeed work well as an overdrive, but since I wasn't looking for an overdrive, thats not how I set it up when I tried out the pedal.

• Members

I picked up one a few weeks ago and overall I like it. I've used it by itself and it's a great warm overdrive. Setting wise I use Vol 5 Tone 10 Drive 10 and just to add a punch to it I'll put my TS9 in front of it for some great blues tones. I also have used it as a boost pedal on a JSX and a Tiny Terror Vol 6 Tone 10 Drive 0 and I like the dark sound it gives over a TS9. I also own a ZW-44 but its alot harsher and its getting fixed by dunlop at the moment. I'll probly sell the ZW when it gets back;).

• Members

its alot lower gain than you might think, but its really good. i was thinking it would be more Ratty, but its not very "distortion pedal" sounding, which is what I was after. very amp like, natural, and thick. it does the whole classic crunch up to van halen thing very well, I think. but that sound isn't me.

Archived