Pedals with Stereo Inputs - What are you using this for?

imnotpretending

• Members

Hey:

I picked up a Verbzilla not too long ago and noticed that it had a stereo input and output on it. I'm doing some non-guitar related things with the extra input and was wondering if any others out there are also experimenting w/ this feature.

I play guitar and vocals in a mathy/experimental band in Orlando and am beginning to branch out into some stuff with additional percussion and added noise stuff. For example, I play darbuka with marimba mallets in one of our songs, in between some breaks in the guitar line. I built a piezo pickup out of a buzzer from the Rad-Shack and attached it to the head of the drum. So far I have this drum and a mic (which I use on vocals and a 12" Aquarian china cymbal, played with the marimba mallets) running through the stereo in.

My current effects chain:

Boss DD-5 ->Verbzilla Mono Input -> Akai Headrush 2 -> Effects Loop of Marshall Head

On the stereo side:

NADY SP2 Dynamic Mic---\nDarbuka w/ Piezo Pickup---> Powered Mixer Head ->-Line Level RCA Out-->Verbzilla Stereo In

The things coming into the stereo input only work when the 'Verb is on so I use it as a killswitch sometimes for the drum when I don't have time to mute it on the mixer. Also, I can loop anything coming into the mixer on my Headrush.

Anyone else doing anything interesting with your pedals' stereo capabilities?

-Justin

www.myspace.com/snailsinfolklore

• Members

I was messing round with a chaos pad but couldn't come up with anything useful so far. except once, when I played acoustic stereo guitar. had the piezo signal go into a dd-20 (amongst other fx), from there stereo into the chaos pad, then stereo into the pa system. I also used a microphone for the guitar. so I had one mono and one stereo signal.
I mainly used the chaos pad for running loops from the dd20 through it. it was a fun setup, lots of possibilities, but I never experimented around with it too much.
as I have a stereo amp I will try running the chaos pad in the parallel loop for extra effect value.

• Members

I use the stereo ins of some fx to take the stereo outs of others. I know it's unconventional . . .

Other than that I use them to plug the L output into the R input, then run the R output to the amp, so you double up on the effect. Not always good sounding, but always worth a shot.

Archived