Where can I have my DE-7 repaired?

bikehorn

• Members

One night I absent mindedly plugged my Cool Cat's 18 volt adapter into the DE-7, as the CC normally sits just to the right of the DE-7. I quickly noticed what happened and unplugged it, but the damage was done. It still works, but I'm positive I damaged the electronics. You can hear digital artifacting in the output now particularly in delay mode, and at certain delay time settings you can hear the memory chip's sampling frequency coming through(on echo and delay modes). I'm so pissed that I messed it up like this. The Ibanez website points to the Canadian distributor which is some music store in Quebec who in the past proved useless and rude to me when I tried to get information on the availability of one of their basses. I don't really want to go through them to get my pedal repaired.

Where is there an Ibanez authorised place that I can send this thing to get fixed up? Is it going to be cost effective? :( I like repairing pedals, but a digital delay is beyond my skillz.

• Members

You can find DE7s for decent prices. I know there's a guitar center in my town with one for sale for $39.99 USD

other than that, Chad matthews might be able to help you out. He fixed my CS-3 before I modded it (ended up being a dead wire). He works with monte at www.monteallums.com but i think he's got his own website, too.

• Members

Thanks guys. I guess it can't be saved. Oh well.

More than anything I'm just pissed that I ruined an otherwise perfect pedal. Not a single scratch or nick on it...and I haven't even been trying to keep it "mint". It still sounds fine on most of the settings I typically use, so I'm thinking it will still be useful as a second delay. I don't really want "another" one just yet...I've been wanting an Echo Park for a long time and now I think my stereo multitap echo dreams are about to take flight. I figure the Echo Park will become my main delay, with the DE-7 being right before it in the chain so that I can take advantage of the stereo inputs on the EP and the stereo output of the DE-7.

Archived