Russian EH pedals

josh27

• Members

How do the russian pedals compare to the usa ones? sound difference? quality?

well there true bypass like the USA one but they suck IMO,they sound like {censored} .the only exception is the small stone which i think sounds nice, the workmanship and quality of parts are very poor.

the pots are some of the cheapest most unreliable ive ever seen and the WILL fail eventually,took me a week for the volume pot on my Russian BMP to {censored} up.

i replaced them all, i ended up ripping the PCB out of mine and i used the enclosure for another fuzz.

overall,from someone who makes effects, my opinion is that the quality is poor,very poor. its no where near the quality of the US versions.

• Members

The russian muff also doesn't have a power jack, it only runs off of batteries. If you want to power it off of a power supply, you need to plug in one of those nine volt adapters. This isn't that big of a deal though, because they last super long on batteries.

:eek::confused::poke:

• Members

I just picked one the Black Russian Muffs in a trade. It has the true-bypass already set up.

To answer the question: I really like the Black Russian better than both the NYC Reissue and the Metal Muff. The Russian has a nice, thick growl. The NYC was too harsh and I could never find a good place for it in the chain. The Metal Muff wasn't Muff enough at higher level distortion, but not too shabby with it lowered, but it still missed something. The Russian seems to be everything I was looking for in the Muff sound.

I still think it could use some upgrades: Looking for step-by-step guides to the creamy dreamer, 9v Boss-style plug, jack and pot replacement.

• Members

another vote for (the sounds of the) russians.

as somebody who plays pedals made by guys who make pedals, i find that the sovtek versions sound better, but they dont get as many 'cool' points when guys are showing off how they waste their monies.

Archived