Behringer dd400 video demo & behringer construction test.

hurb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is that really a DD-3 clone? I don't remember the hold function working like that..

Anyhow I like it, um but lol I only want it for the hold function, can someone explain how it works on this model? From my understanding the hold function works differently on the dd-3 and the dd-5/6, and its not quite clear how it works on the vid.

• Members

Is that really a DD-3 clone? I don't remember the hold function working like that..

Anyhow I like it, um but lol I only want it for the hold function, can someone explain how it works on this model? From my understanding the hold function works differently on the dd-3 and the dd-5/6, and its not quite clear how it works on the vid.

Yea, I thought with the DD-3 you actually have to hold down the pedal for as long as you want to hold it. With the dd-400 it seems more like a looper.

• Members

Yea, I thought with the DD-3 you actually have to hold down the pedal for as long as you want to hold it. With the dd-400 it seems more like a looper.

Exactly, I was hoping for that feature for a controllable 'stutter' type sound with a very short sample time

• Members

i had a dd3 for a couple yrs and also the dd100. the 100 is totally up to the job, and although you cannot hammer nails in like with the boss, you can throw it at monkeys. like with the 400, its not a direct knockoff (ie: turning delay knob yields diff results), but in basic feature & function, they did it just fine.

*monkey comment was not in reference to your avatar, but rather the the crash test monkey in the video.

• Members

Couple of months ago, I made a short test of DD-400's looper (Fender MIM Std Stratocaster pickups -> Boss CS-3 -> Behringer DD-400 -> E-MU 0404 Soundcard -> AmpliTube):

(.mp3, 256 kbps, 5.1 mb, use box.net player on the link or download)

Can you clarify how the looper works.. Do you have to keep the pedal depressed to loop? Or is it tap to start recording, tap to end?

Archived