EQ Devices new delay came today

orange worker

• Members

the new Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport showed up on my doorstep this afternoon. I also got my reworked Hummingbird, which is one of my favorite pedals. I jumped on the preorder - so it was $145 instead of $165. great deal for what this box does.

i was lucky enough to have a few hours today to play around with it and figured i'd give my .02 cents.

overall the pedal sounds great. no volume boost or loss when engaged. the modulation gives anywhere from a nice tape warble (perfect for the throb of "Us and Them") to a crazy pitch shifter. it can self oscillate, and goes into a nice controllable territory, being able to putz around with the knobs without going deaf. the delay is digital, but has a nice analog warmth to it. the great features are the mix knob, which can give a very faint echo, and the intensity knob on the modulation controls that does the same. with the delay time cranked down you can get a great faux chorus/vibrato.

the size of the box is nice, not a MXR size box, but not gigantic either. it's about the size of 2 MXR pedals. i think i have a headache from staring at the blue leds in the dark for the past hour (they are bright!) the insides were nicely wired & neat. :thu:

here's a link to the pedal on their site - i'm too lazy to take pictures. http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devices/Disastertransport.html

Archived