Got a Line 6 DL4 for X-Mas... Should I get an expression pedal?

khastra_ksc

• Members

I have a DL4 and i used a volume pedal as a expression pedal, its not that great, it adds nothing new to it.

Basically the same as when you play a note and play with the delay time setting

well i thought you could adjust any setting, not just delay time. it just morphs between the heel and toe presets. so it's nice to have some self-oscillating control, or whatever you like.

• Members

I've owned I DL-4 for 5 years and I hate myself for not getting the expression pedal sooner than last month.

You can save a preset with the heel down then adjust the effect and save it again with the the toe down setting allowing you to have another preset. You can't change the delay model though, you can only change the other parameters (delay time, repeats, tweak, tweez & mix). I would suggest not changing the delay time between foot pedal positions because when you use the pdeal you get a crazy warp sound (unless you want that). I generally just save my delay settings to have more repeats. That way heel down is short, quiet, unobtrusive delays then tow down is the same delay but more repeats and more dramatic.

The exp. pedal is NOT very good at blending between the sounds. You can also use a momentary switch instead of the exp pedal. Then it's like having an additional bank of 3 presets.

Archived