Groove Tubes SFX Spacestation Mark II

MaNdU

• Members

well no comments on the spacestation.

There is no spacestations in stock anyway.

What amp or speakers setup would you recomend.

Now i use a yamaha 1000 watts mixer with two peavey impulse 12" (wich arent mine)

I have $650 to spend.

I prefer a stereo setup (for 100 or 150 people churchs, more than that i just plugit in to the house PA) but don't mind a high quality powerd speaker or keyboard amp in mono, and need it to be as light as possible.

i was checking the new traynor k2, barbetta sona 23c but really never hear them before.

i just checked previous post in that matter with no luck.

• Members

Well no answers, i recently went to a pair of local music store where i test some amps.

- the peavey kb3 sounded good but kind of heavy and big.

- roland k350 sounds good, also lighter, smaller, and more powerfull

than the kb3.

- peaver single neo 12 powered speaker sounded very nice but it aint

look like a nice thing to have near you in a gig, I mean its looks like a

plain gray pa speaker in the floor near you. also it has to much floor noise,

or maybe was the cable i tested with.

I didn't buy any of those, instead order a groove tubes spacestation mkII( wich aren't in stock yet, maybe next week)i hope it sounded good. I really prefer a stereo image and i have heard some magazines with nice reviews on the groove tubes.

Is there something that i shoud know about those units. Or other ones to consider. or make maybe you coud make me feel better and say "man those sound awsome"

• Members

Hey MaNdU, maybe it's a little late but over at the musicplayer keyboard forums the SFX Spacestation seemed to get a little negative feedback though that might've been the mk1. I think it looks interesting and i'd like to test it out but there's no dealer for them in the UK.

If it's possible try and have a test out of the Traynor K4 which also derives stereo from a single box.

• Members

yeah the spacestation mkII have a power increase of 100 watts per channel instead of 40watts in their first model, and about the traynors their really are out of my price range for about $300.00 dolars plus extra shiping for it weights.i hope the groovetubes work out for my, i just need a light nice sounding stereo amp for midsized gigs.

• Members

That power increase could be useful but i guess there's still the 8" speakers that aren't gonna kick out much bass. I suppose if you're needing to do a bigger gig there's always the option to add a sub.

Let us know how you get on if you get it.

Pete.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

well no comments on the spacestation.

There is no spacestations in stock anyway.

What amp or speakers setup would you recomend.

Now i use a yamaha 1000 watts mixer with two peavey impulse 12" (wich arent mine)

I have $650 to spend.

I prefer a stereo setup (for 100 or 150 people churchs, more than that i just plugit in to the house PA) but don't mind a high quality powerd speaker or keyboard amp in mono,
and need it to be as light as possible.

i was checking the new traynor k2,
barbetta sona 23c but really never hear them before.

i just checked previous post in that matter with no luck.

same i just checked previous post in that matter with no luck

Archived