Advice on Fathers Day Gift

athomas

• Members

I also have to mention that he creates a lot of music with just that keyboard - effects, drums etc. Mostly christian and some Indian music.

I strictly play acoustic guitar so any help with what to buy would be great.

thank you.

• Members

A Kaoss Pad 3 is a very nice gift/toy ... Would give him a few more recording/effects options with the loop recorder (4) ... can be subtle or or very wild ...

I LOVE mine ...

aaaaskeletonkaossjz3.jpg

Basically, it would allow him to add another layer of effects (controlled via X-Y pad) to his Karma stuff and create (sample) loops that he can accompany himself with or even crossfade (4 samples) on the X-Y pad ...

Also ... just plugging your MP3 player into it and messing around with it is almost worth the price (as an expensive toy) ...

It's really a great gift because it's useful and indulgent.

• Members

Alesis micron $399

Buy it from some place like Guitar Center that provides a 30 day to 45 day money back guarantee. That way he gets a new toy and then can exchange it if there is something else he would want.

I would hope my wife gets me an Alesis Andromeda!

Mark

• Members

Alesis micron $399

Buy it from some place like Guitar Center that provides a 30 day to 45 day money back guarantee. That way he gets a new toy and then can exchange it if there is something else he would want.

I would hope my wife gets me an Alesis Andromeda!

Mark

Which, BTW, is what's behind the KP3 in the photo. They make a terrific pair ...

Archived