keyboard lovers, some advice for a newb.

Daryl Chaney

• Members

Yea i was thinking about a Micron or Microsynth, but i'd like to have an option for some half decent piano + ep sounds.

Which these cant do really. :cry:

And any proper decent or semi-decent piano / ep keyboards are all 61 keyers, i only need a 49 max and a 37 mini key like the microsynth would be fantastic.

Anyone know of such a keyboard ?

The Korg Micro X still looks like the best option atm.

[edit]

Wouldnt be able to take the Micron off you Veil or the Microsynth off you Jbrazz as im in Europe, and the shipping + taxes would end up costing near the same as a new one.

• Members
Yea i was thinking about a Micron or Microsynth, but i'd like to have an option for some half decent piano + ep sounds.

Which these cant do really.
:cry:

And any proper decent or semi-decent piano / ep keyboards are all 61 keyers, i only need a 49 max and a 37 mini key like the microsynth would be fantastic.

Oh yeah, they won't do piano sounds.

Maybe get a small MIDI controller and a hardware module? I don't know what kind of modules have nice piano/EP sounds though.

• Members

Which these cant do really.
:cry:

seriously dude, get the microkorg, its probabaly the most easy synth to use and the sounds are amazing. Also one of the cheaper ones. You wont regret it!

AND!!! Itt has a Vocoder!!!! {censored} those are sweet.

• Members

The Korg Micro-X is probably your best bet. Novation has a couple of small, inexpensive, and good synths (X-Station and Xiosynth) that can do EP types of sounds but not an acoustic piano.

i've been searching again for anything under 49 keys that does piano, but there isnt anything ! madness i tell you.

• Members

I've got some midi keys and a comp, just hate bringing it to gigs.

Instead of a computer you can get a hardware module that has some synth and piano sounds, and use the midi keyboard you already have to control it.

Example :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kurzweil-ME1-Micro-Ensemble-Synth-Module?sku=701680&src=3WFRWXX&CAWELAID=26048372

• Members

Instead of a computer you can get a hardware module that has some synth and piano sounds, and use the midi keyboard you already have to control it.

Example :

i was considering that too, but i'd have to have a computer to edit the sounds, or at least have a midi controller that could do that. which i dont atm and a good module + controller will be about

• Members

Well it looks like you already decided MicroX anyway, but I was going to +1 that. I currently have the MicroX and MicroKorg, and used to have the Micron. It goes like this, IMHO: MicroX > MicroKorg > Micron. The latter two won't do the acoustic piano sounds you're looking for, but the MicroX definitely does. The ability to add some reverb or delay to it can give it an even more natural feel. It also does some cool Wurlitzer and Rhodes sounds, and that's always nice. I find myself never really needing to touch the MicroKorg anymore, though sometimes I do wish I had just an octave more on the MicroX, but it's usually not a big deal at all.

Archived