RC-2 Questions

GmanJeff

• Members

I just picked one of these up, and have a couple of challenges with it.

First, is there a way to delete a phrase quickly without having the phrase play a few seconds first? When I step on the pedal to clear the memory, the stored phrase plays for a few moments until the memory empties - very annoying in a live context, when I'd like the delete process to be silent, so I can move on to the next song I want to use the pedal on without manually switching to another phrase storage location. I know I could use the control knob, set to "delete", but manipulating the knobs by hand kind of defeats the purpose of a floor pedal in a live situation.

Second, I tried attaching the Boss-specified FS-5U pedal to the unit, in the hope that it would address the delete issue, but instead it really seems to have goofed things up. When conected, the pedal now won't record or play back anything, regardless of whether I press on the RC-2 or on the FS-5U, and I get a demo tune out of it which isn't discussed anywhere in the manual! I e-mailed Boss' tech support, who only suggested using the Boss power supply (which I am). Not too insightful, and they didn't speak to the presence of the demo tune or absence of any documentation about it.

I hope that some of you RC-2 users out there might have some suggestions for how to address these issues.

• Members

what he said.

and re. the demo tunes: there are a few on there, but you can delete them from the memory to free up the slots if you need to store stuff in their places. also, they shouldn't play unless you select them (i think it's positions 8 9 10 and 11) regardless of whether you have a footswitch attached.

i think the footswitch only controls the "stop" and "tap tempo" functions though, right? i didn't know it was supposed to do deletes as well (i don't use one).

• Members

Strange that the FS-5U is not working....Have you tried moving the polarity switch to the other side??
Also make sure it's a FS-5U and not the FS-5L as it won't work.

To stop the demo tune from playing you need to turn the guide volume down.

Let me know how you go as I'm planning on getting one as well but if the FS-5U doesn't work I'll pass on it.

Archived