Amp trouble

kyrreca

• Members

I'm posting this in the FX forum, because I can't stand the amount of deliberate misspelling and the overuse of the letter "z" in the amp forum.

My amp is a Rivera M100 212 combo. Lately, there have been a couple of occasions where it's just stopped working on the clean channel. No sound, nothing. The dirty channel has been working fine. After a while, it's been back to normal, but of course I'm not happy with the situation.

Could it just be the tubes that need changing? I bought the amp 6 months ago, the previous owner said the tubes were less than a year old, but for all I know that could be bull{censored}.

I'm gigging in two days, and I don't feel comfortable with an amp that could suddenly die on me, although it works fine most of the time. :cry:

• Members
When it dies, does it go direct out, or does it fizzle out for a half second first?

Sorry... fizzle is the only word I can come up with at the moment. :poke:
:):wave:

;)

Yeah, it fizzles a little before it dies. Sometimes it fizzles without dying too.

• Members

Yeah, you can swap 12ax7's/at7's/ay7's with each other and it won't negatively effect the amp, it may change the sound to something you don't like if you change say the first tube (v1, which is usually always a 12ax7 and has the most impact on your tone of all the tubes) with a 12ay7 (a lower gain tube with a different sound). But it will work, just remember which tubes went where...

Archived