Help me troubleshoot my new DD-20 please

• Members

I just got a newSKB StageFive pedalboard and a Boss DD-20 from MF.

I StageFive has a really nice power supply so I thought I would be good to go. When I plug my DD-20 into one of the 9v jacks it powers up and runs for about 30sec to 2 min before it just shuts down suddenly. Seems to run fine on batteries.

Any clues?

• Members
onespot ftw.

I'm down on my onespot lately. The thing is a noisy mess unless you have a quiet amp. Noisy amp+single coils+11 pedals=serious noise.

I can't help but think a better power supply would remove the noise instantly, as when I use battery pedals, and pedals with their own power supplies I get no noise whatsoever.

As for the OP, just get an adapter for the DD20. It'll be an extra wall wart, but it will work. :idk:

• Members

Oh {censored} man. That's why I bought this board-to get rid of extra power supplies. Now I have a decision to make about the DD-20.

What do you mean a decision? You'd get rid of the DD20 because you need to plug it in?

That's just stupid.

• Members

What do you mean a decision? You'd get rid of the DD20 because you need to plug it in?

That's just stupid.

Yeah probably. The thing is that I really just choose the the DD20 over the DL-4 and Eventide because with my 20% discount it was just to good a deal to pass up. I sthink if I had gone with a DL-4 I could have gotten away without having to keep my old Arion PS-05.

That being said after playing it for the last 1/2 hour I do have to admit that it is really a pretty nice, straight forward unit with pretty good sounds.

I was really hoping I could get all my pedals on this one board with no other power requirements but it looks like I'll be keeping my old brick and sticking it on the board.

Archived