Your favorite Softsynth, currently?

• Members

Reaktor is also a world class effects unit, sample mangler, and on and on. Have you used it? It's more than worth the price of admission.

No I have never used it. Perhaps I'll grab a demo and see.

Thanks.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm, I think you're being rather easy on them there. Things like sky high CPU usage (even with no sound being generated) are signs of poor overall optimisation. Don't think it does things like parameter smoothing either if I remember right.

I'll have to look at the manual and get back to you. There are a few hidden parameters that aren't easily accessible. I E-mailed Jim before about some a while back.

I believe he also explained the CPU usage in a post somewhere here also. Something about the algorithm to capture the inconsistencies of the real synth. Either way, it's about as close as it gets to the real thing in software.

• Members

my favorites are...

korg legacy collection original and digital haven't tried the new analog edition yet but am anxiously awaiting the mono poly

fm8 fm or 6 osc synth with dual filters

vaz modular gritty sound and a great synth to play around with making your own creations

i like imposcar but it's too fidly as a vsti and in standalone to avoid random lockups i have to set its affinity to one processor but otherwise a great sounding synth

pro53 is a great nord lead emulator but a terrible prophet emulator

massive sounds like crap to me, i don't know what it is but it just didn't do it for me at all. sounds more like a roland jv/xv series synth than anything else and i don't like rolands stuff except for the v-synth if it's digital.

Archived