One-Shot LFOs on the Radias?

lawst

• Members

Nope. You can specify it to reset on each note and an initial phase but no one-shot mode. I've never seen a synth with one-shot LFOs, anyone care to enlighten me?

There is a third assignable EG you can use...after all a one-shot LFO would just act like an EG. EG3 is programmed via a menu, not knobs so it appears the Radias has only two EGs until you read the manual. You might also be able to use the modulation sequencer (3 per timbre).

• Members

Nope. You can specify it to reset on each note and an initial phase but no one-shot mode. I've never seen a synth with one-shot LFOs, anyone care to enlighten me?

There is a third assignable EG you can use...after all a one-shot LFO would just act like an EG. EG3 is programmed via a menu, not knobs so it appears the Radias has only two EGs until you read the manual. You might also be able to use the modulation sequencer (3 per timbre).

The virus series has gotten around their lack of a third envelope by making the LFO's triggerable in this way. if you need an 3rd env thats got very crippled programability, you can sacrifice an LFO to get it.

• Members

I think the micro-q has this function. At least komplexer does.

• Members

and so does Elektron's Monomachine, LFO can be set to free (running continiously), trig (restarting every trig ) hold (keeping it's value between two trigs), one (duration of trig) and half (half duration of trig).

• Members

ah ok, I though I had just over looked it because my x-station and TI have one-shot LFOs. I think subtractor/malstrom in reason do too but its been a while since I've used them.

I just got rid of a Nord Lead 2x to get the Radias (it wasnt adding anything new to my setup and I hate numbers instead of names for patches) so I'm still trying to find my way around.

The 3rd envelope I'm sure will be very useful as this is something which is lacking on my other 2 synths but like Tony says, on the virus the LFOs can be used as envelopes in one-shot mode. The sequencer is one of the main reasons I went for the Radias, but I still havent figured out how to use properly. Seems like a bitch to program cycling through each step unless you use the record mode.

Anyways, thanks again for all the input :thu:

Archived