Digitech RP350 question?? (haven't got mine yet)

noelio

• Members

Quick question for you RP350 owners...

I read on the website about selecting tones. Or better yet tone chains.

Does this mean you can only select tones (or chains of tones in a specific setup)

Like if I wanted Tremolo with reverb and delay plus wah, etc, etc (just an example) can i do that? Or is it preset to a certain amount of combinations?

Basically can I mix and match whatever I want at my own disgretion??

Also any other limitations programming wise that you've found please let me know.

Thanks

• Members

That particular combination you can do. There is a "wah" block, a "reverb" block a "delay" block. You can have wah on or off, reverb on or off, and delay on or off regardless of which other effects are on.

But there is a single block for modulation. You can choose between chorus, whammy, flanger, phaser, tremolo, synth talk, etc., but you can't have more than one of those on at once.

• Members

That particular combination you can do. There is a "wah" block, a "reverb" block a "delay" block. You can have wah on or off, reverb on or off, and delay on or off regardless of which other effects are on.

But there is a single block for modulation. You can choose between chorus, whammy, flanger, phaser, tremolo, synth talk, etc., but you can't have more than one of those on at once.

I see, well that explains exactly what I wanted to know. So no flanger with phaser and tremolo at the same time? lol I guess I'll have to live with that.

Thanks,

If anyone else knows other limitations please post them.

• Members

No I wasn't actually interested in mixing those actual effects. Just trying to get a feel for what it can and more importantly CAN'T do.

I've tested one out at a local shop and I loved it but of course couldn't get into it to much with just a 20 min test. Hopefully have my own by the end of this week.

• Members

the switched sections are :

pickup emulation / wah range
compressor
amp model / speaker cab emulation
EQ
noise gate settings
modulation efx : chorus, flange, tap flange, phase, tap phase, trem, pan, vibrato, rotary, yahyah, synth talk, envelope, de-tune, pitch, whammy - pick one
delay settings
reverb settings
exp pedal settings

below that are gain, master vol, bass, mid, treb

Most are frustrated by the model's "not sounding exactly" like XYZ amps or pedals. I think you need to experiment with it for a while and create your own sounds to taste

I also much prefer it into studio monitors (in stereo) rather than my amp - much more sparkle and depth

what it "can't do" is sound like what you have been using

what it can do is earn your respect for new tonal possibilities

• Members
the switched sections are :

pickup emulation / wah range

compressor

amp model / speaker cab emulation

EQ

noise gate settings

modulation efx : chorus, flange, tap flange, phase, tap phase, trem, pan, vibrato, rotary, yahyah, synth talk, envelope, de-tune, pitch, whammy - pick one

delay settings

reverb settings

exp pedal settings

below that are gain, master vol, bass, mid, treb

Most are frustrated by the model's "not sounding exactly" like XYZ amps or pedals. I think you need to experiment with it for a while and create your own sounds to taste

I also much prefer it into studio monitors (in stereo) rather than my amp - much more sparkle and depth

what it "can't do" is sound like what you have been using

what it can do is earn your respect for new tonal possibilities

Well that about sums it all up. :lol: thx

Archived