Which TS? Keeley vs Analogman? Which version?

surfcat

• Members

I played three Keeleys today-the Ts808, the TS-9-not sure what model ($159), and the Turbo TS model. I think I liked the 808 slightly more than the TS9-of course it's $90 more. Am I imagining it's better or is there a difference? I also liked the versitility of the Turbo-it has a TS9 setting and about 3 others plus a toggle switch. Is it designed to get the 808 also?

I haven't played an Analogman. How do the various models stack up? Silver mod, etc? It seemed the Keeley ones had more gain-sounded good with a clean amp, which a stock one doesn't to me.

Edit-I think I tried the mod-plus judging by the prices-so I haven't tried the baked mod. There aren't many details on the Keeley site about the TS9DX-it doesn't have the ts808 mod? It does switch from the baked mod to the mod plus, which is very cool.

• Members

I have both an old Ibanez TS-9 and a Analog Man silver modded Boss SD-1. I found them both quite useless until recently when I played the Analog Man with a single coil guitar, instead of my regular humbucker guitar. I think that made a bigger difference then the pedal itself. But using a Marshall 1974x, a strat with Lindy Fralin pickups and the Anlaog Man is a great sound.

Archived