Feedback por favor

• Members

Looking at the "post it here" thread, I don't see many responses, so I'm being all egotistical and posting my tune here in its own thread:o

What I'm up to here is trying to develop a basic sound pallete and mixing technique to apply to a series of tunes, enough maybe to fill out a shortish album.

It's also my first attempt at using Soundclick, so if the link is screwy I need to know that too.

"Summer Slinker"

Comments/criticisms I beg of you....

nat whilk ii

• Members

In general, I liked it and thought it sounded really good. If it were my song, I'd:

--- pick up the tempo. I wanted it to be just a bit faster, but don't lose the funky, carefree vibe.

--- work on the drum fills and crescendos. The transitions between sections don't build me up enough to create the satisfiying release afterward. The drums just kind of disappear, and things don't get busy or louder, etc.

-- add a vocal or a more present lead. Not sure what the object of the piece is, but it's sparse enough to be a good backing track for a vocal. In spots, I wanted more going on, layer-wise

-- maybe add some occasional percussion sounds, not sure what exactly.

These are, of course, just my opinions, and I have no particular expertise. Overall, the track is fine as is.

:thu:

• Members

Yeah, I agree the dynamics are a little plain vanilla.

I have a problem with drums fills using sampled drums - takes too much time and trouble to create and tweak out. But yeah, some more activity in the percussion is a good idea.

I've been thinking about adding a vocal....mebee I'll try that out...

Thanks for the input

nat whilk ii

Archived