help me choose a pedal

• Members

so i've got some cash to spend. around $150 to be exact. so i'm just browsing ebay and came across a few pedals i wouldn't mind playing with:

EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost - new

Rocktron Metal Planet - new

MXR M151 Doubleshot Distortion - used, excellent cond. with power supply

Zoom Tri-Metal - good condition, bent bass pot, missing knob, fully functional

looking for a distortion that sounds massive, thick, and defined.

i've only heard clips of the metal muff and metal planet: i like the planet but not so much the metal muff. sounds a bit 80s to me. can the muff do other tones as well?

i've read about the doubleshot being badass but really hard to get good sounds unless you tweak it a lot, and the tri-metal, well i keep reading if you want metal tone, that's where you go for it. anybody have any experience with any of these?

and some multi-effects/misc:

line 6 DL4 - excellent. cond., with power supply

Korg AX1500G - good cond.

Korg AX3000G - good cond.

Digitech GNX3 - excellent cond.

i've read about the good and bad things about the DL4 and i still wanna try one. i saw minus the bear a month ago and i've been inspired to do tapping loops lol.

i think the AX3000G can do looping too.

as for the korg and digitech, i go home for the weekends to work, so it'd be nice to have an all-in-one deal for my home. got my pod xt live at the dorm.

i'm not into appearance, as long it works i'm happy. i'm thinking either a distortion pedal with DL4 or just one of the korgs or digitech.

gimme your advice people.:wave:

Archived