Boss ME-50 replacement for Modulation fx

krisnrg

• Members

Hey guys I'm wanting to sell my Boss Me-50. I keep it in a true bypass loop and only really use it for modulation fx.

I wanting to fund a Time Factor with the sale of some of my pedals but I want to eventually get something to replace the ME-50 for Tremolo, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Auto Volume Aka Slow Echo Aka Slow Gear effect would be cool too.

What would be a good option? I was thinking maybe a Zoom G2 because the price is right.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

• Members

Sounds good but the marshall doesn't have tremolo. The mod factor would be too expensive. I'll look into the Nexus.

I was thinking the Zoom cause also instead of bringing everything to practice I could just practice with that.

Also do you guys know if I plug my pedal board to the zoom if I could use the amp models to go directly to the board? for practice of course. For the real deal I'd use the Hot Rod.

Thanks

• Members

I owned an ME-50 and still own a Zoom G2 which I use for practise sometimes, and the modulation on the G2 is much better than the ME-50 IMO. I found the ME-50 to be much too sterile sounding.

I thought the ME-50 was best for delay and its harmonizer was very good.

• Members

How are the delays on the Zoom compared to the ME-50?

Cause I do like the delays on the ME-50 but I think the Time Factor should cover that pretty good.

I'd have to sell the DD-6 and the ME-50 to get the TimeFector. Do you guys think it's worth it?

I wish the Timefactor had more SOS(loop) time...

• Members

The delays on the Zoom are ok and they can go longer than the ME-50, but I miss the tap tempo and ease of setup.

If you're getting a Timefactor there's no point having this conversation, it will sound considerably better than both. I would sell a DD-6 and an ME-50 to get one in a heartbeat! :thu:

Archived