Show me some Boss Rehouse Stuff

88mm

• Members

I have seen ce-2 pedals rehoused. So I know it can be done. Like I said I am planning on doiing some mods and adding a second footswitch.

It is not about size

It is not about how the boss box sucks.

It IS about me wanting to tinker and do something a little different and using a new box to do it.

So.....Anyone have pix?

• Members

what mods do you plan on doing?

i am considering some as well

I am going to try a few that was discussed on the thread that you started.

Most likely cutting the mids a bit and maybe the gain one. I may add switches on the new box to go from stock to mod. ( another reason for a new box)

• Members

Boss PCBs are slightly longer than a 1590BB enclosure, so if you want to rehouse a Boss pedal, you have to use a BIG enclosure, such as the one Supervelcroboy used to rehouse PurpleStrat's SAD-1 or a 1790NS enclosure (SMM/H size).

Totally not worth it.

• Members

Boss PCBs are slightly longer than a 1590BB enclosure, so if you want to rehouse a Boss pedal, you have to use a BIG enclosure, such as the one Supervelcroboy used to rehouse PurpleStrat's SAD-1 or a 1790NS enclosure (SMM/H size).

Totally not worth it.

Boss PCBs will fit in a 125B. I rehoused my DS-1 in one and it turned out great.

kittydrive19.jpg

Kitty did the paint and stickers. :wave:

Oh and a quick and crappy video right after the rehouse..

[YOUTUBE]p99_s94-mnA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

yeah one time i asked about rehousing instruction for a ds-1 and everyone told me to forget it cause it was too expensive and not worth it. im still interested and i already have a lot of the componets. if anyone can post some instrction that would be great. even it i screw it up at least they are not expensive

Archived