How Much Better is Fatar then Keystation

• Members

I am well aware of that, I'm talking about in conjunction with a SoftSynth. Basically asking about the feel of the keys. How much better is the Fatar feel than the KS's -- I could certainly find a use for all of the extra sliders on the M-Audio and I can get one immediately, which would be preferable, but if the feel of the Fatar is much better -- then I suppose I'll drop the extra $150 and wait for it to be shipped.

• Members

You may find that the choice is very personal: like new shoes or condoms, what feels good for some may ruin the night for another.

I personally like the Fatar and did not feel any love for the Keystation. But I have no formal piano training. Other people have tried both and hate them equally. A few people I've met think the Keystation is good for a cheaper controller.

If at all possible, try them out yourself - the M-Audio should be easy to audition - the Fatar a little harder. I've seen them at all of the Sam Ash's I've been to, and less often at Guitar Centers.

The other thing that you may consider: if you can buy the M-Audio locally it may not give you better repair service but you at least have the opportunity to threaten a sales manager face to face rather than get dissed over the phone by someone miles away.

Archived