Boss GT-10... USB help, and speaker simulator??

age9t9

• Members

Hi PPL.

I have a couple of questions for you Guitar FX buff's.

I just got a Boss GT-10 and I have been told to use the return of my amp. 1st question is, how do I turn off the speaker simulator on the effects unit? Or other ways to maximize my tone?

2nd question is, I am trying to use the USB feature but I am not getting anything coming through the pc. I have installed the driver and followed all the instructions in the user manual but it's all to no avail. Can't figure it out, it's pretty annoying. Anyone know why it's not working?

Please help>> Thanks.

Age.

• Members

First off , the speaker simulator only works if the output select is in line/headphone. If your in combo return don't worry about it. One thing you do want to worry about is the input settings. Look for input/output you'll see two knobs on your screen ,I get best results setting this at -3 the other 12 o'clock works fine.Now scroll right and you'll find the master tone control. Here you can tune your amp to your liking. bass/mid/highs/master noise suppression etc. the only things i've needed to tweak was the bass and highs.

You've got a great sounding unit there that will kick any amps ass on the market boutique or other wise. Ah-- in the right hands:thu:

I never use the USB

• Members

Thanks for the reply, that clears things up. I am getting a better tone already.

With the USB, I think I can select it in Reason as a sound card. Haven't tried yet though, let you guys know.

Archived