Effects are giving more of a headache...

MonJills

• Members

than my girlfriend.

Heyo, this is my first post, and I'm amazed that I didn't find this place sooner o:

I have a few questions regarding some recent purchases...

Behringer FCB1010

TC G Major

I can set it up to change presets, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to make it work as a pedal controller.

For example, I want it to where each button will turn on a different effect, and the expression pedals will control the parameters of each effect.

(Rate and Depth for Cho, etc...)

Is there any way to do this?

That's the first step. I don't know if this is posible with my setup, but, I would like to be able to do this.

Let's say bank 00 holds 10 presets, or, the first 10 songs of my setlist. Can I control it to where I hit "1" to activate the song preset, and then have the ability to control effects within each preset, or will I have to make multiple patches for one song?

I hope this isn't asking too much, as I am brand new, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

MonJills.

I hope to become very active here, as it seems like a very awesome forum.

• Members

You need to setup the expressions pedals for every preset of the FCB1010 with the corresponding control change that you want to control within the G-Major.

A couple of questions first, do you have a USB to MIDI converter? Is so you can use software to program the FCB which is simple to do and much better than trying to program it manually with key presses on the unit.

And do you want every preset of the FCB to have the expression pedals control the same function in the G-Major, or do you want to vary it depending on what you have just selected? For instance I set up by FCB to change presets in my processors, but also to turn certain effects on and off. So the switch on the FCB that I use to turn the chorus on and off, I setup so that the expression pedal alters the chorus depth. When I turn delay on I assign the same expression pedal to vary the repeat level, etc etc. So the FCB expressions don't have to perform one duty, they can perform a number of tasks.

• Members

A couple of questions first, do you have a USB to MIDI converter? Is so you can use software to program the FCB which is simple to do and much better than trying to program it manually with key presses on the unit.

I don't :(

And do you want every preset of the FCB to have the expression pedals control the same function in the G-Major, or do you want to vary it depending on what you have just selected? For instance I set up by FCB to change presets in my processors, but also to turn certain effects on and off. So the switch on the FCB that I use to turn the chorus on and off, I setup so that the expression pedal alters the chorus depth. When I turn delay on I assign the same expression pedal to vary the repeat level, etc etc. So the FCB expressions don't have to perform one duty, they can perform a number of tasks.

This. Exactly.

• Members

I'd strongly recommend buying a cheap USB to MIDI converter, then you can use software like this.

If you look at the screenshot here, you'll see 5 main columns. The first three are the program changes and cc messages you can send with each preset stomp (you can actually specify up to 5 separate program changes which will be useful if you ever decide to buy an extra processor). EXP A and EXP B is where you set the functionality of each expression pedal for each preset. So if you work out what you want to control in each preset you'd simply put in the CC number specified in the G-Major manual, followed by an upper and lower limit (0 - 127). This is useful if you want to set a minimum or maximum level you can control to (so you may only want to control middle levels such as 20 - 100).

Once you've configured everything to your satisfaction you can save the configuration to your PC, put the FCB into receive mode and transfer it all straight across. Literally you can configure the whole thing in 10 minutes instead of the hours it would take if you were doing it manually.

Archived