Killswitch into pedal

thrice07

• Members

I built a confidence booster and I am looking to house it with a killswitch pedal. I want the switch to be momentary and cut the signal when holding it down (normally open). I have a diagram for an spst switch but i can get a dpdt switch a lot easier and cheaper. How would I do this?

Heres the spst switch diagram

ConfidenceBooster3-1.jpg

• Members

Yup - one of the center lugs, and either of the outer ones (in the same row of three). You need to find out which of the outer lug is normally open (disconnected with the switch in resting mode) but connects to the center when you press the switch down. If you don't have a multimeter on hand, try one of them. If the pedal only outputs signal when you press the switch, move the wires to the other outer lug.

/Andreas

• Members

i've been wanting to do this once school is done in summer, but run it with a short delay (ie 10-100 ms adjustable) that is also on a momentary switch (only on when held down) so you can get dj-esq sounds from a stomp box, then set the two switches so it just looks like a modded tube screamer...

ts9flexi.jpg

easy to pivot between the lower switch for a stutter, and the upper switch for a kill switch.

only issue i'm finding is having a worthwhile readout for short delays, instead of a regular boss style switch that switches between 50, 100, 500, etc.

let me know how yours turns out.

Archived